Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Charts and Puzzles

First, I want to clarify my opening thought from yesterday.  I realized today that the "rut" stems from my lack of preparing for school beforehand.  It doesn't surprise me-I'm nothing if not a procrastinator. My homework is to make being organized and ready a priority.


We had a lot of fun in school today.  The Teaching Your Children Joy activity today introduced Beck to charting.  I was a little nervous that he wouldn't understand the concept, but he caught on quick and even put his own spin on it.

Back to the senses, the top of the chart is the 5 senses

The side of the chart is 5 random items Beck and I chose

Start the charting, identifying which senses you can use on each item

What made me laugh and smile?  
As I was cleaning up I realized Beck was singing his chart to me. 
 Here's a little snippet:
video

Instead of a craft today, Beck and I did puzzles together.  I scored huge at our local thrift stores today, finding these great puzzles and the uncut felt games as well as a few other things. 

 We spent an extra half hour doing puzzles than we normally would for school and it was worth every minute!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Your teaching materials look like so much more fun than book-work! Thank for linking up to Growing Home. I'll be following you for more teaching inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Joy school is popular around here (I'm in Utah).

    Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to do scenes and charting together. I think often when we think our kids won't get something they will surprise us and do wonderfully. Great ideas. Hope to see you back again tomorrow at Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear your ideas! Thanks for taking the time to share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...