Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Great Children's Games

I love that so many activity suggestions in Teaching Your Children Joy are simple and classic.  Yesterday and today's activities were games that everyone knows, yet I have never gotten around to playing them with my boys.  We have now, with mixed reactions.

Yesterday we played Simon Says.  I thought it would be great to teach body parts to my younger one, and directions to my older one.  What really happened is that Peyton walked away immediately and Beck HATED it because he was so bored.  This is definitely a game we're going to have to try again when we have a larger group of people to play.

Today we did the "Hokey Pokey" with much better results.  My boys love music and dancing, and the "Hokey Pokey" lets you be completely goofy.  We LOVED it! 

 Why not crank up your computer volume and dance along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear your ideas! Thanks for taking the time to share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...