Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Appreciating Nature in Music

Today's Teaching Your Children Joy activity is to listen to classical music and identify nature sounds in what you hear.  A few days ago I checked out a bunch of Christmas CD's from the library and in the middle of the stack I found a Peter and the Wolf cd.  That worked perfectly today!  The cd also had Prokofiev's Carnival of the Animals, which got to be a little long, but has 12 additional animal tracks.

If you don't have access to the cd (or the original record we all remember listening to Peter and the Wolf on), I've found a fantastic version of it online.  I'd forgotten all about it, but my kids love to creep around the room acting out the characters while they're listening.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear your ideas! Thanks for taking the time to share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...