Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Computers and Creativity

Beck has serious cabin fever so I gave him the camera and sent him outside today to take pictures of his favorite things in nature.  That last part got a little lost on him, but his eyes lit up when I handed the camera to him.  

My husband and I have decided not to let our kids play on the computer until they start school.  It stuns me how integral computers have become in classrooms and how quickly children pick up the skills they need.  I don't think it's going to set them back if they aren't sitting in front of the screen instead of up around and playing.  Today, however, I decided it might be fun for Beck to actually see his pictures turn into something.

Using Picnik.com, Beck created these collage beauties.  He learned new skills like double-clicking and dragging and was captivated.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time before our roles switch and he becomes my computer tutor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear your ideas! Thanks for taking the time to share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...