Drawing inspiration from an egg carton craft project I saw a couple weeks ago, I gathered the supplies and sat down with my kids to make pumpkin patches!
Usually I choose crafts that don't require a lot of preparation by Mom beforehand, but today I decided the headache I could avoid by doing some of the work myself seemed worth it. Those steps included:
- Cutting a 12-egg carton in half so each of my boys would have 6 "pumpkins"
- Cutting a green pipe cleaner into 12 short pieces
- Poking a small hole in the top of each "pumpkin" where the "stem" will go
- Hot Glue the "fence"
The boys got to:
- Paint their "pumpkins" and their "fences"
|Okay, so Beck got a little confused and painted his paint plate|
before I re-explained it to him
- Push in their stems
- Draw on their faces
|We were running out of googly eyes, |
so each boy got one pair and then drew the rest of their eyes
- Pick, cut, and glue on the straw