Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vacation Brings Awards!

We took time off last week for our annual trip to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and what a welcome home surprise to open my email and find this:


Thank you, Julie, at Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk!!

I looked around and discovered that Liebster means "dearest" in German.  The award is shared with new-ish blogs having under 200 followers in hopes of giving them a boost of support and recognition.  What a great little welcome home treat!

So, here's what it takes to accept the award:

11 Facts About Myself
  1. I have 2-month old twins, making a total of 4 boys for our family
  2. I come from a family of 6 girls
  3. My husband is #10 of 15 kids 
  4. Our twins are grandkids #56 & #57 in his family, but the 1st set of twins!
  5. Definitely a night owl!
  6. I LOVE cooking, but HATE baking.
  7. I knew in 5th grade I wanted to play the bassoon, but had to wait until 7th grade to give it a try
  8. I vividly remember singing, "Jimmy Crack Corn" for music class in 1st grade
  9. I took my baby sister as my show & tell in 3rd grade
  10. I plan on taking a 1-year round-the-world trip before my kids are too old to want to go
  11. My dream home is made of glass along the entire back side.
Answer 11 Questions from the Blogger Sending the Award (Aye, aye!)
  1. Who is your favorite superhero of all time? I already told you I grew up with all girls-I seriously know very little about superheroes!
  2. What is your favorite book? Anna Karenina and The Brothers Karamazov
  3. Which book have you read to your kiddos so many times you know it by heart? The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
  4. If you won an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Can my anywhere in the world include everywhere in the world?  I guess let's start with Scotland...
  5. Favorite Outdoor Activity? Night-time glow-in-the-dark Frisbee
  6. What Is Your Most Valued Possession?  My passport
  7. Favorite Family Tradition?  Biking to the local donut shop for breakfast before hiking on National Trails Day (always the 1st Saturday in June)
  8. Do you still have your wedding dress?  Yes, in a plastic bin somewhere.
  9. Favorite Bible story?  Christ's Visit to Mary & Martha
  10. What is your earliest memory?  Being chased by a top-notched goose across our country backyard.
  11. What was your first car?  Ford Tempo
Create 11 New Questions for the Bloggers I'm Going to Award & Recognize
I can't wait to get to know the 11 of you a little better!
  1. What's the most memorable place you've vacationed?
  2. Favorite thing to do with your little ones?
  3. What is your most favorite chore to do around the house?
  4. Paper or plastic?
  5. What is something from your childhood you want to make sure your kids know as well?
  6. In high school was it sports or music for you?
  7. What is your creative outlet?
  8. You have a night free from the family-where are you & what are you doing?
  9. Live Theatre or Movie Theater?
  10. What is the best advice you've received from another blogger?
  11. Do you hide the mini Frosty that comes in the Wendy's kids meal so you can have it for yourself? (My kids have no idea a yummy frozen chocolate treat comes along with their hamburger, fruit, & milk)
Choose 11 Blogs to recognize with the Liebster Award 
Please be sure to check out these amazing blogs!

(Are you one of the bloggers I've sent the Liebster Award?  
The rules are simple: Do the things listed above 
and be sure to let your bloggers know they've received the award. 
Remember, this award should go to blogs with under 200 followers. 
And feel free to link back to this blog as well!)

3 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Wow!! Thank you so much for the award. What a happy surprise for us! I'm really excited to read your blog too! You've got awesome stuff here! (This is from Nancy @ potlucks on the porch... the comment will show Maren's name, and I'm sure she agrees with what I've said.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! 10 of 15? Wowza. One of my friends talks about "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus all the time." Hope you're having fun with all of your boys!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear your ideas! Thanks for taking the time to share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...